Use your program and policy analysis skills along with your excellent relationship management ability in this role as an Advisor with the Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- establish, maintain and support positive and cooperative relationships with Aboriginal communities and stakeholders
- plan and coordinate events and site visits for senior executives with Aboriginal leaders and organizations
- conduct research and policy and program analysis related to Aboriginal relations, issues and projects
- provide program and policy advice
Location: 160 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have knowledge of and experience with Aboriginal issues, priorities and stakeholders to participate in policy and program analysis, liaise with communities and respond to sensitive issues
- you have knowledge of and skills in policy analysis and program evaluation techniques
Research, Problem-Solving and Coordination Skills:
- you have excellent research and problem-solving skills to analyze issues, provide guidance and make recommendations
- you have strong organizational and planning skills to coordinate and participate on projects
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- you have excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills to foster effective partnerships
- you have good judgment and the ability to exercise sensitivity when liaising with parties with various perspectives and priorities and when dealing with issues
- you have strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports
Salary range: $65,957.00 – $82,208.00 per year
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 43581, by July 11, 2012. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.