If you have strong policy development, analytical, research and communication skills, then this role is for you! The Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs is looking for an experienced individual with these competencies to join their team and support the objectives of the Ministry with a particular focus on strategic policy and planning.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- provide strategic analysis, advice and expertise to determine policy options
- prepare briefings, reports, business cases, recommendations and presentations
- actively participate in consultations with internal and external groups on sensitive policy issues and options
- compile research information, analyze trends and issues and provide interpretation of findings
Location: 160 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have sound knowledge of and skills in policy analysis and evaluation techniques
- you have knowledge of federal and provincial Aboriginal Affairs legislation, along with the ability to acquire knowledge of historical and current Aboriginal issues from the perspective of Canada, Ontario and Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal governments
Advanced Analytical, Research and Evaluation Skills:
- you can conduct policy and program analysis projects and research
- you can prepare analyses, reports and recommendations
- you can articulate policy and analysis recommendations both orally and in writing to diverse audiences on highly sensitive Aboriginal issues/policies/programs
- you can prepare correspondence and presentations and respond to enquiries
Interpersonal, Team-Building and Problem-Solving Skills:
- you can work cooperatively with staff from other ministries and Aboriginal and Federal representatives on committees and in policy consultation processes
- you have the ability to plan, coordinate and act as liaison with other staff on joint and individual projects and to provide technical guidance to others on a project basis
Salary range: $65,957.00 – $82,208.00 per year
Please apply online, by August 17, 2012, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers, and entering Job ID 44845, in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.